Thursday, 16 January 2014

The one for Lisa....

Source
I have a friend who has been at me to write a blog post for a couple of weeks, so here it is Lisa - you are welcome.

My little corner of the internets has been neglected for the last 6 months or so. Firstly, because I was busy, then because I didn't really feel like writing and now because I have lots of words in my head but I don't think they deserve to be written.

Writing things down gives them a power of sorts and I don't think my emotions deserve power at the moment. Actually, it's not a matter of thinking they don't, I know they don't. I've been doing not so great on the mental health front lately, teetering is the word I use. I've been teetering on the edge of a downwards slide for a couple of months. I wish it was something that I could just tell to go away but unfortunately it’s not that simple.

“In the same way that one has to accept the weather, so one has to accept
how one feels about life sometimes. "Today's a crap day," is a perfectly
realistic approach. It's all about finding a kind of mental umbrella. "Hey-ho,
it's raining inside: it isn't my fault and there's nothing I can do about it, but
sit it out. But the sun may well come out tomorrow and when it does, I shall
take full advantage."

So not writing about my feelings is my umbrella, because my feelings don’t need to be validated, not today. When I get too introspective, when I let the things that I cannot control get the better of me, it’s like walking around in the rain and while that might be alright for a while eventually it will make you sick.  So instead I’m choosing to take my umbrella.
So they you go Lisa my lovely - something to read from me to you xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz - I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling very good the past few months. I hope that you find the umbrella that works for you that will protect you until the sunshine comes out again !
    With lots of love and big hugs !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I do seem to be on the up and up :)

      Delete
  2. That picture could be your house (layout wise!). Sorry to hear you have been feeling less than bubbly, I hope the last couple of weeks have brought some calm xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you chick, I'm always here if you ever do want to chat - I know exactly what you mean about giving power words,although sometimes I find that I give words more power by NOT saying them and keeping them locked up in me and as soon as I let them out somehow it's like a WHOOSH! Not that the internet is necessarily the best place to do this however! I just know that sometimes it only takes a little light to make whatever lurks in the shadows fade :) I have missed u chick, I hope things will bounce back now xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they tickle my feet like clover. I may not reply to every comment but I appreciate them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips